Selling a home can be a challenging process, and it can be especially frustrating if your home doesn't sell before the listing agreement expires. If you find yourself in this situation, it's
MY HOME DIDN'T SELL...NOW WHAT?
Dated: May 3 2023
Selling a home can be a challenging process, and it can be especially frustrating if your home doesn't sell before the listing agreement expires. If you find yourself in this situation, it's important to explore your options carefully to ensure that you can achieve your goals. In this blog post, we'll explore three potential options for homeowners whose listing agreements have expired and their homes haven't sold: relisting with the previous agent, trying to sell by-owner, or choosing to list with John Scarpa of RE/MAX Classic.
Option 1: Relist with the previous agent
One option that homeowners can consider is to relist with the previous agent. This can be a good option if you were happy with the services provided by your previous agent, but your home simply didn't sell in the initial listing period. Before relisting, it's important to have an honest conversation with your agent to understand why your home didn't sell and what can be done differently in the next listing period. It's also important to review the terms of the new listing agreement to ensure that they meet your needs and goals.
Option 2: Try to sell by-owner
Another option that homeowners can consider is to try to sell their home by-owner. This can be an attractive option for those who want to save on commission fees, but it can also be a challenging and time-consuming process. When selling by-owner, homeowners are responsible for all aspects of the selling process, including pricing, marketing, showing the home, and negotiating with potential buyers. It's important to research the local real estate market and understand the legal and financial requirements of selling a home before pursuing this option.
Option 3: List with John Scarpa of RE/MAX Classic
Finally, homeowners can consider listing their home with John Scarpa of RE/MAX Classic. John has a proven track record of achieving results for homeowners, even for homes that didn't sell with another agent. He offers a range of services that can help homeowners sell their property for the most money possible in the shortest amount of time while making the process as stress-free as possible.
These services include:
- Coming Soon Marketing. Prior to fully activating on the Multiple Listing Service, John will promote widely to generate a lot of interest in the first week on the market.
- Professional Photography. The first "showing" a buyer performs is online, so the home should look amazing when viewed on websites. John hires a professional photographer to shoot HDR images, drone photos, 3D home scans, floorplans, and more!
- Enhanced Online Listing Syndication. Your home will be prominently promoted in all of the top real estate listing websites to garner the most exposure to the most buyers currently searching for a home.
- Staging. Preparing the home to sell is well worth the effort. Basic decluttering goes a long way, and if furniture or decorations are needed John can recommend a professional stager to assist you.
- Social Media Advertising. Beyond just posting to a personal page, John will spend actual advertising dollars promoting your home on the top social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Google to reach a wider audience looking for homes in the area.
- Market & Pricing Analysis. As a Certified "Pricing Strategy Advisor", John can walk you through how to best price your home in today's market to attract the most amount of buyers. This is key to netting the highest return when selling your home. Contrary to popular belief, listing at a high price is NOT the best way to sell for a high price. Selecting the CORRECT price from the start will do that.
Choosing the right option for your situation will depend on your goals, budget, and preferences. If you're unsure which option is best for you, it's a good idea to consult with a reputable real estate agent who can help you evaluate your options and make an informed decision. Whether you choose to relist with your previous agent, sell by-owner, or list with John Scarpa of RE/MAX Classic, it's important to be patient, persistent, and flexible throughout the selling process to ensure that you can achieve your goals.
Choosing the right partner for your real estate journey can make all the difference, and that's where John comes in. With a solid track record dating back to 2008, he's successfully closed over 1,000 ....
Latest Blog Posts
Michigan is a beautiful state with abundant natural resources. However, many properties in Michigan rely on well and septic systems for their water and waste management. Proper maintenance of these
As a real estate broker, I'm often asked about the state of the housing market, and I can confidently say that we're currently experiencing a period of stabilization and growth. In the first half of